Monday, October 27, 2008

Crash and Burn, my dear.



"I'd wake up, and make love to you if i had you

I would touch you so much, but I'm not allowed to

What I hate is to wait, but in this case I'm patient

I'm discreet, I'm not weak, I just need the moment

He wants me, he wants me not

I want everything he's got

If I leaned over and tried to kiss you

Would I be wrong, after so long to kiss you

Would you pretend, we're only friends, if I kissed you

At least I can dream of you in a scene, when I'd kiss you

On one hand, we are friends, but still my mind wanders

Through side streets and alleys, I just keep growing fonder

To stop me is not easy, can't stop a lion from hunting

I'm focused, I won't miss, there's no control of some things."

-Nadia Ali

Man. How many times have you actually felt like this? Ok....and sang about it? Yea..I thought so. Thats why, people like us turn to people like Nadia Ali, who evidently digs down into the depths of her soul, pulls out some kickass lyrics, and uses her amazing voice to display the raw emotion that you only WISH you (anonymously, of course) could express.

And, yes, apparently she does write her own lyrics.

http://www.nadiaali.com/

Check her out.

No comments: